Thursday, April 28, 2011

Shopping Spree for Free

I have a friend. Her name is Amanda over at Part-time Homemaker.

She hosts fabulous themed parties every week for our community group...but the one I'm about to share with you is extraordinarily special.

Would you like to know why?

1. You get rid of things you don't need, like, use, (or wonder how it got into your house in the first place.)

2. You get to compete via paper-rock scissors.

3. You get new-to-you items for free.

Allow me to show you my treasure; and then I will tell you how you can host your own fab party.


1. A book that retells the Bible in a narrative style...fiction to make it come alive for you. 

2. A stack of Paula Deen and other cooking magazines...yay! 

3. A pair of awesome yellow wedge loafers. (I wore these to lunch yesterday and everybody was asking where I got them...they were shocked when I told them they were free....) 

4. A Limited waist cinching belt...I always need belts and never want to pay much for them.

As you can see, I racked up. 

I also walked away with 7 less items in my closet...which is a blessing.

Here is how you can host your own Shopping Spree for Free Party:

1.Gather friends.

2. Have them each bring 5+ items of good to great quality (ie. home goods, clothes, accessories, basically anything. We had everything from a set of dishes to a dvd of Tahitian hip-hop).

3. Give each person stickers with their initials on them (# determined by how many items they brought...around 5-7 per person)...go around and place the stickers on the items you want.

4. If you really want an item, place 2 stickers on it.

5. If more than one person wants an item, you play rock paper scissors to decide who wins. If one person placed 2 stickers on an item they get 2 lives in rock paper scissors.

6. Have round 2. If anything is leftover, donate it to Goodwill.

This is an easy way to update your life with out spending money! It's also a lot of fun to see how people's competitive side comes out...

We had some high-demand items. (ie. galoshes)

Amanda is in the process of changing over her blog, but be sure to check her out...she will provide some awesome ideas for you home-making mavens...and for us other folk too.

2 comments: