Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sunny Day in The Louis

For some reason I think that St. Louis should have a nick name.

And Louis is an obvious choice. And I chose it.

So, yesterday I met up with some gals from my church small group for lunch.

We headed down to The Blues City Deli for a delicious meal in a sweet atmosphere. As the owner says "When you walk in, you're gonna hear the Blues and taste the Blues."


Located down in Soulard (An awesome area to check out if you're coming into town...lots of restaurants, shops, and an incredible farmer's market)... The Blues City Deli is rockin'.

I had an incredibly unhealthy and delicious chili dog topped with cheese and onions, some Zapps "Voodoo" potato chips (right outta Louisiana and straight to your heart...they are incredible...try them.) and an awesome Black Cherry Soda.

Don't be jealous.

After lunch, we decided to head down Cherokee Street and check out a store that Kelli recommended: Retro 101.

This place is incredible. Filled with Vintage clothing, furniture, and other household goods, it is worth taking an hour...at least...to plunder it's troves.



The clothing here seemed to be in extraordinarily good condition. Usually I find some moth holes or a few open seams. I didn't find anything of the sort.

We spent our time there talking about where we would have worn these dresses back in their hay-day...and then talked about having a party where we would rock these frocks.

My vote is for a garden party with a table scape like this one I posted before....and with dresses that make us feel like we could be Lucille Ball's other best friend (Move over Ethel).

I look forward to returning to Cherokee Street--where Antique Row is located.


The parents come into town next week...I think we might be hitting that up.


Get to know Louis real intimate-like.


Bring it.


Also, bring me your vote...garden party in party dresses? Or just garden party? You tell me.


No comments:

Post a Comment