Friday, April 1, 2011

April brings showers, pranks, and Spring

As a kid, I was always fond of April. And, well, I'm not really sure why.

There was always the saying "April Showers bring May Flowers"...which is true, so surely it wasn't because of the rain...

http://pixdaus.com/single.php?id=151205&from=email

Perhaps it was because April is the unofficial start of Spring;  or that Spring break was typically right around the corner; or that I was busy preparing for the church's Easter pageant; or that I got to wear bright colors...

Neither here nor there, I love April.

And in turn, today is April Fools' Day and unfortunately I stink at April Fools'.

April's most famous day stumps me.

I've always had friends that come up with clever ways to trick me or their loved ones...and I, with all my gusto, can not come up with a believable joke to play on anyone.

The whole "I'm pregnant" thing has no appeal, and, really, I don't want to have too much shock value...

No. I long to create an April Fools' Day joke that is subtle enough to be believable and not easily detected...one that slips under the radar...until..

BAM. They are slayed by the humor of it all.

Well, I have nothing figured out so far, but I'll let you know if I pull one of these ideal pranks. And in the   meantime, if you happen to pull an awesome prank, let me know! Maybe you can help me out of my prankster pit.

Also, if you are interested in the history of April Fools' check out this site. I had no idea that it was first recorded in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales!

Happy April Fools'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment