Saturday, April 9, 2011

Soothing Nature

Last night we experienced one of those crazy intense Mid-Western thunder-storms.

And as I laid in bed trying to fall back to sleep, I was reminded of one of my favorite possessions as a kid...

A CD of a gurgling brook. Yes. It's true.

My family and I were vacationing in Gatlinburg, TN and I had discovered the cd at some outlet store while my parents' debated over a purchase.

After pleading for it with that "I've got to have it look" on my face...I got it...and

Came home and slept with it playing every night. And then I lost it.

Sad story, I know.



All of this to say...the sound of nature is soothing... a thunderstorm...a gurgling brooke...crashing waves...perhaps monkeys swinging through the forest? (I just threw that one in there...but who knows? That might be someone's idea of soothing...)

So I'm here to tell you: sound making machines...CDs...or  killer real locations where you can sleep with your windows open and let real nature in (sans mosquitos)...are all awesome.

What is your favorite relaxing sound? And how did you discover it?

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment