Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Decapitating a Lamb

Wow. Was that title too graphic?

I actually really like lambs/sheep. Don't be alarmed.

My French family raised sheep. It startled me to discover this when I peeked my head out their kitchen door, looked up, and there was a herd...

...of 3.

I fell in love.

One of my friends from the program gave me a poster of sheep. It's true.

I still have it. Also true.

So, again, let me state I love lambs.

And, well it turns out that according to someone in our small group, eating Lamb cake on Easter is a must have Chicagoan tradition.

(Can anyone out there from Chicago confirm this?)



Yeah, we were all skeptical of this tradition as well.

All said, the lamb looked delicious, and we did not decapitate it. We, instead, slayed it like we would any other cake---by simply slicing it into pieces.

I don't eat coconut, or I'd tell you how delicious it was.

I do, however, eat birds-nests...



Adorable, right? I found the recipe over at Tastykitchen and fell in love. Who says no to butterscotch and peanut-butter?

As you can see, Easter was very special...and full of unique desserts. 

It was sweet to have a group of people to celebrate Christ together.

Gratefully, no animals were hurt during this event.

Now go enjoy your Springtime desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment