Friday, April 8, 2011

Magical Dining Experience

Do you ever imagine yourself eating a delicious meal in a place sort of like these places?


Or maybe somewhere like this...



I do. All the time. 

When I was studying in France my sophomore year in college, some of my fondest memories were created with my French family down in Nice, FR.

My French parents had a home down on the coast and we met there to spend a week together. It was incredible...we went hiking...exploring through the local markets...ate Moroccan food in a Medieval village...and laid around.

It was wonderful. 

One afternoon I had been attempting to read a French novel they had laying around while wallowing in bed...and well, in reality I just got lost staring out the open window.

When I returned to reality, I could smell the fish cooking that we had bought earlier that morning at the market...I sauntered to the kitchen, my eyes gazing around the room and taking in everything. Ma mere was cooking at the stove and ma pere had just moved the kitchen table outside.

I remember thinking--huh..why not just buy an outdoors table? But what's the point...they aren't there year round and the kitchen table works just fine...so French.

So I wandered outside and sat down with him. He continued to eat his cheese and fruit, and I sat there gazing over the foothills to the glimmer of the sea. It was a dream; truly. I feel blessed to have memories of such an experience...

Years later, eating outside has a magical feel for me. Perhaps not the normal bbq setting, but some others I imagine. 

I hope to one day have a wonderful garden that would readily embrace all al fresco diners or picnickers...I want some magic in my life all the time...

So, imagine my delight when I discovered Outstanding in the Field

In turns out dreams can come true...in places like this:

These photos are from outstandinginthefield

.
Outstanding in the Field basically travels all over the world (including, probably driving distance from where you live); sets up tables in beautiful places; brings in world-renowned chefs; feeds you divinely; and satisfies your soul.

To me, this is an experience of a lifetime. Too expensive to do regularly (for most of us), I think that this would be an exceptional gift for celebration.

Dining al fresco is a way to induce freshness into your eating experience...Perhaps you should consider it for this weekend...

Ooo! And perhaps you would like to share with me one of your dreamy al fresco experiences? Please leave it under comments.

Enjoy my dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment