Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The beginning of Maplewood in my Life

Do you find your kicks on Route 66?



Yeah, well...so does Maplewood.

I basically explored one strip of the area...and had a good time:

1. I went to my first pawn shop. (Inspired by the History Channels Pawn Stars; I figured I might find something I needed. (aka. a flipping cameo ring.) No such luck.



2. I went to my first oil & vinegar shop. Very cool for you foodies out there. Not so much my thing.

3. I saw a beautiful bed of Irises. (A sight for sore eyes after all the storms we've been having. I'm impressed these survived.)



4. They have a sweet iron fence built around their newspaper stands. (A good sign of a good town, I think).



do you see the maple leaves? Yeah. I know. Clever.

I am excited to have officially gotten a taste of Maplewood, and I look forward to checking out more of the area...including a restaurant called Boogaloo...sounds like a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment