Tuesday, March 15, 2011

They call me mellow yellow...

I love all things yellow. Last Spring I vowed to wear yellow everyday...and though I succeeded for only about a week, it was a good challenge. 

Yellow cheers me. And I always want to sing "Mellow Yellow" by Donovan...partly because I was obsessed with that GAP commercial that came out...a long time ago.

It's not Spring. And, it's dreadfully snowy. So here is my salute to all things yellow...not dreadful or snowy...


I love these "Brentwood Curtains". They would add freshness to any room. Picture a room with dark floors, light walls, a large bed with white linens and a crazy amount of pillows...and these gorgeous curtains shifting with the cool breeze moving through your open window. sold? I am.

 These glorious pants,  lead me to imagine a day of "business" in...Miami, perhaps. You could join me there, and we could match. I'm totally down.

I've always imagined myself having a fabulously rad yellow couch to lounge on in my personal library. So, I'm eyeing this one now, and praying that I can afford it in 20 years when I might actually have my own personal library.

And while I realize that having a home phone is completely passe', I also realize that this phone would be completely worth not fitting in with society. I'm sure it would add not only personality but a wonderful presence to your home. Phones have presence, you know.

This chic vest makes me feel like running errands. Errands may not be your thing. Maybe you're a picnic kind of gal, or someone who would rock this on a date...whatever your fancy is fine by me. If a vest is a little too much for you, these fab yellow moccasins could be an easier way to add a pop to your wardrobe. J.Crew's newest collection is right on the money folks, and these are just a couple of pieces that will make you giddy.

Wowthatsbeautiful, from Etsy, makes beautiful jewelry. I particularly love this large and in charge necklace. It could bring a little flavor to any outfit you got.

And the field...really it just makes me happy. Reminds me of my time in France when I would pretend to be a runner just so I could be surrounded by all of those yellow fields...

I hope this inspires a bit of happiness in you. It made me feel a bit better, no doubt.

Thought I'd leave you with a little Donovan to fill in any GAPs.

Haha, I had to say it. Forgive me. 




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I Love that GAP commercial and that song brings back some memories!! What a fun post!!
    I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete