Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hallo little chicken

I am so glad the weekend is here...though it feels like every day is the weekend when you're not working....but hey, there is something about TGIF.

So last night we had a couple of friends over (aka. Micah and Jackie) for dinner. It's been a while since I've cooked for 4 people and so I took this opportunity to be creative.

Therefore, I roasted a whole chicken. Yes. It's true. Please don't be scared.



This is how it went down.

Here is Jed. The chicken. Red, the husband, is exposing him for all he has.



He sings; He dances; He washes dishes; what more could a gal want? (Wait, you say, are you talking about Red or the chicken?)

I'm not really sure how to answer that question...moving along.

Jed was filled to the brim with garlic, onion, carrots, sage, oregano, basil, salt/pepper, and love.

He was then rubbed down with a butter/herb mixture. (I was trying to get under his skin, you know?)

And then he was roasted for 1 1/2 hours at 400 degrees...

And this is what he looked like before our ravenous selves destroyed him.



Moment of silence.

Jed appreciates it. Thank you.

I've never roasted a chicken before, but you gotta try something new at some point. (I put together a few recipes I found, but here is one that really appealed to me)

One of my fears of marriage was that I was going to get stuck in the same 5 recipes and never have something new to offer.

This is new, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment