Saturday, March 12, 2011

Soul for the Soul

 I just got through listening to Adele's sophomore album "21"...and it is one of those albums that cuts straight through you like a knife...only, in a more positive way...




 She sings with so much emotion...passion, angst, love, anger. Her sound is expressive in a way that few can muster...and in a way that draws people in to her. (could this be why she has already won 2 Grammys?)

 I adore her retro-vibe and honest lyrics. The album is sweetly filled with influences from the 60's, country, gospel, blues, pop, and old standards. You could easily jam to some of the songs while working out, or take it easy with some friends while listening to the others.

My favorites are: Rolling in the Deep, Rumour has it, Take it all, and Someone like you.
Really, I should just list the whole playlist.

This album is soul for my soul.

Check out her first single from the album, below:



No comments:

Post a Comment