Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I am so grateful for the YMCA

I was rummaging through Goodwill a few days ago and stumbled upon this:



What do you think it is?

Let me tell you.


It is a an antique Vibratone exercise machine...does that rev you up?

 Haha--well all you have to do is wrap the strap around you, lean back, and let the vibrations shed those pounds. (And, if you're near me, it'll cost you only $25! For real.)

I'm not so sure that vibrating exercise is effective, or for everyone...but I had a good time looking up some old school exercise videos...and appreciating the evolution of exercise.

Here is a 1930's exercise promo video...  be glad that we move the machines now-a-days instead of the machines moving (on) us. (you'll see the Vibratone being used in the upper left corner in the beginning of the video!)



 whew! I'm in pain just watching it!

Let us all be grateful that the YMCA provides a safe and normal place to work out.

Let us also be grateful to Goodwill for providing interesting items that impact our daily lives. ie. the Vibratone.

No comments:

Post a Comment