Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mixed tapes are back...sorta

Do you remember your first cassette tape? Or, how about this, do you remember the first tape that REALLY left an impression on you?

After the "Mickey Unrapped" cd that truly ruled my boom box...

       


It was Mariah Carey's "I'll be there". The single.


 Dude. I heard it one day in carpool on the way to school, and my life was changed. Ms. Sherri lent me her tape...and I think I repeated the song 100 times in the first hour. (yes, I know that isn't possible). To say the least, I was obsessed.

We have now evolved from radios, to records, to mixed tapes, to cds (walkman anyone?), to playlists, to ipods, to Pandora, to 8tracks.

Oh. Wait. Do you know what 8tracks is? You need to.

My friend Sarah introduced this to me. Sort of like Pandora radio...but not.

It works on the premise that there are millions of people out there who make playlists everyday...for every mood and situation. So, here, they can upload their playlists for free--and you can listen to them for free.

So here is "radio" for you based on every mood and experience you can imagine. I hope you enjoy finding new artists...and, haha, new feelings/experiences that you may or may not have known existed.

Go let your hair down and let the good times roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment