Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Give me a coffee, give me connection.

Sometimes, there is nothing better then to go to a coffee shop, curl up on their broken-in couch, chat with a friend, and drink a hot cup of mocha..or tea......or, if you're like  me, a latte topped with lots of froth...


In college, down in Hattiesburg, MS, I found myself going to Javawerks to be productive...but really, it was in hopes of running into someone I knew...or meeting someone I didn't...I mean, the possibilities were endless.You can learn so much at a coffee shop.

Come on... don't you ever just sit back and listen to other people's conversations? You hear things about WWII, an upcoming thesis on pop culture, two professors arguing about who is right about poly-something or another. It is fascinating.

Coffee opens doors. Like in old world Vienna, Austria, the coffee house is the meeting grounds for intellect and community.

http://crookedtreecoffee.com/


A favorite local coffee house is The Crooked Tree, in Old-Town St. Charles, MO. Their food is good, their service is friendly, and it offers a great blend of old-world charm with new. Located close to Lindenwood University, there are always groups of students and professors cycling through. There are also business people and others, such as myself, just there enjoying themselves.

This is an ode to all things local. I think we can agree that though Starbucks may have their drinks down to an art, they don't offer the ambiance that your local shop does.

Think about it...if you need some human contact...some warmth...or just some caffeine, head down to your local coffee shop---you'll probably get more than you ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment