Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lungemente vive a'limento Italiano!

Tell me it's NOT a good day when it starts with this:


And ends with this:


Ok, so my day didn't go in that order at all, but it did include both of the above delicious food items (that you are currently salivating over right now...its ok, I won't tell)

I had early morning volunteering and was so looking forward to coffee with my new friend, Tiffany, at Shaw's Coffee at The Hill

So... I had heard of latte art...but I had never experienced it...

Until now.

I was standing there behind the expresso machine patiently waiting for my cup of joe when I realized that she was taking her time with the froth. Hmmm...I wondered.

I looked at my mug and realized that there was but a humble flower resting itself in my froth. (imagine a bad English accent there).



Froth art is a great start to a new friendship. Tiffany and I were officially set up for success.

We spent the next 2 hours talking about everything---the way you do when you really connect with someone

...and enjoyed our lattes...froth art demolished.

Having not really explored the Hill to its fullest, and having a stomach whose rumbling was becoming very hard to ignore, I ventured to the next door J.Viviano and Son's grocery store to see what they offered.


Dude. They had rows and rows of sauces, pasta, olive oils, spices, cheese, wine...and on and on.


I guess this is to be expected considering it IS an Italian specialty store...

I quickly felt the need to provide myself with a lunch from thus Italian specialty store and came home with these groceries:


"Hello, loves. You have found your way to my home...and no worries, you will soon find your way to my belly."

Ok...so after professing my love to the groceries I fulfilled my promise and helped them make their way to my belly. 


Cooked it. Sauced it. Ate it.

All I have to say is:

Long live Italian food!...and froth art!

No comments:

Post a Comment