Monday, March 28, 2011

(Hopefully not) Stagnantly Yours

It has been a beautiful day today---clear and cold...but beautiful.

Red and I took this opportunity to go work-out...inside. It is an unfortunate thing when you must work-out inside because it is still too cold (for me at least) to get a good run in outside. 

That whole breathing thing gets in the way...

Anyway, one small joy of the day was that we ended our work-out with a nice round of shooting hoops. Now, I would love to say that I dominated and it was a game that would put the final-four to shame...

But I can't.

I can't even say that it was a friendly game of horse.

 It was, however, an intense shoot-out that I completely failed at.

Ok, so I started to make 1 in every 6 or so shots...not bad for a wimp like me. But it still wasn't pretty.

Red was doing a good job shooting the ball IN to the basket (novel right?)...and these two young boys (meaning 3rd grade or so) were totally rocking the court.

Me, I was getting fancy and spinning the ball in my hands before shooting and missing.

Hahaha--ok. Well, all of this was not just to highlight my inability to play basketball...but rather the randomness of playing basketball when you don't play basketball. 

It felt good to get out there and pretend like I knew what I was doing. It felt good to dribble the ball, shoot, and maybe make it in.

It felt good to be like a kid trying to get better at something...and to not mind when that doesn't happen immediately

I find that I am less physical with my experiences as I get older...and though I'm still young, it is getting easier and easier to be stagnant.

I don't want to be stagnant. It makes me think of a disgusting puddle that is brown and has something green and furry growing on it.

Stagnant water


...disgusting.

So, cheers for getting out of your comfort zone!!!...and doing something that makes you not stagnant (and brown with green stuff growing on you)!!!

What is something that you enjoy doing that keeps you from being stagnant?

No comments:

Post a Comment