Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Why not?

I don't consider my self a green person. You could never call me a tree hugger (no offense), and I don't really think about the earth, all that much.

Yeah, I love the whole local movement---I adore the direct benefits of fresh produce and, therefore, fresh meals... I try to use my re-usable grocery bag (when I go to the market; but definitely not when I go to Walmart...)

And, well, recycling seems like a long shot...(we've done it before, but then randomly stopped...for no reason.)


The thing is, recycling isn't that far from my world. I mean, I love antiques (they've been used right?), and I adore consignment shops and thrift stores (definitely broken in)...

So...I ask the question: How difficult is recycling...really?

In my situation, not so difficult.

Our apartment provides recycling bins...so all I have to do is bag it up and throw it in.

Also, there are recycling services that will pick up your recycling bins....or there are drop off points for you to swing by on your way to work or school or hockey...or whatever.

You may be wondering why the sudden conviction?

I think I opened my eyes to all the waste Red and I produce. (We went through a case of water bottles...so not green....in 5 days!0

I also noticed all of the wal-mart bags in my buggy and the fact that I would most likely never bring them back to Wal-mart to recycle them.

So there I stood...and now I have an extra trash bag under my sink filled with junk mail, water-bottles, and Wal-mart bags.

How do you recycle? And if you don't, why not?

To find a recycling center near you click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment