Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mountain Love

I'm a sucker for magical places.

Any place that transports you away from your world...

My magical places are usually very green...very Secret Garden meets Lord of the Rings, know what I mean?

Red and I went trail running again last week and got to experience such a place. The same trail as normal...but it has grown up to be a special, beautiful, earthy, green place. (makes sense right?)

When I think about these places, certain music comes to mind...First Enya (best not be laughing, sir)...and then Mumford & Sons and Allison Krauss....

I could listen to them over and over and just enjoy sitting outside in a gorgeous green place.

Here is a taste of what I'm talking about:




Her voice takes you straight into the heart. You're pierced and moved.



For me, this music builds until I feel like I'm going to burst...it makes me want to dance with out inhibition and jump about like I live in a green field with flowers in my hair and grow my own food and wear pretty dresses.

I know thats what you got out these songs too....don't lie.

So perhaps you ought to go listen to this music and imagine being in a magical place.

No comments:

Post a Comment