Saturday, May 21, 2011

Dangling Beauties

I woke up early this morning to take my dear friend Vanessa to the airport...and, so I thought to myself, "I'm up early, might as well take advantage of this...and go garage saleing..."

I haven't had too many opportunities to use the fabulous garage sale apps on my phone...and so today was the day. (Thank you Garage Sale Rover and Craigslist).

I hit up a few duds....and then I came to the treasure trove. (These people had been planning to open a consignment store, and then it fell through...soooo they had some wonderful finds).

My treasure:


Don't be scared.

They are beautiful.

They are 4.5 inches long, and from the 1930's!!!

The woman at the garage sale explained that she has a picture of the original owner wearing them at a ball in the 1930's.

I was sold. Talked her down to $12...and felt that they were totally worth it.

They are unique and they have a story.

Doesn't get much sweeter than that, friends.

ha...and people wonder why I go garage saling...silly people.

No comments:

Post a Comment