Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Soul Movement

I relish moments when my soul is moved. When I can feel it leaping inside of me--overwhelmed with emotions--joy, passion....a connection to the words, the voice...

I have found that I more often have these connections (on every facet) in secular music...

Until now.

I have finally been exposed to the band Sojourn.

(It seems that everyone I have come in contact with in the past week knew who they are...but I am a newbie, and so I feel that this should be shared...just in case you are too...)

This music is raw. It is O Brother where art Thou meets Johnny Legend meets Brandi Carlile meets Damion Rice.

Wait, you say, could this be true?


Yes, my friends. It is true.

Red and I spent the evening in the dark again last night (It seems this whole natural light thing is sticking around...) and we simply listened to this album and sat quietly together before the Lord. It was awesome.

Sometimes, it quenches you  to sit quiet before the Lord.

 If you long to have your deepest of deep exposed before the Lord--here you go.

2 comments:

  1. Love Sojourn! Jake plays their songs all the time at church. We got to go to Sojourn in Louisville this year and it was FANTASTIC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. never heard of them, but i am so happy to know about them now!

    ReplyDelete