Friday, August 26, 2011

Alone time at it's best

RESULTS!!


I am sorry to say that I do not have a picture to demonstrate the results of my labor--however, here is a list of the pros and cons of this concoction (after sitting on my head for 2.5 hours!)

CONS:

  • After washing and conditioning my hair 2x---a distinct (funky) fish smell was flowing from my hair...all day.
  • My hair seemed to get tangled more easily

PROS
  • I allowed my hair to air dry--and it did dry smoother and shinier than normal.
  • My hair did seem more moisturized...but nothing too special.

All in all, I think the process was more work then it was worth... Though it might save you money, I think the outcome might be worth that $10 treatment you buy from the store.



I often get asked the question, " So, what do you do all day?"

As if a person who doesn't have a job and is simply a wife should not feel satisfied with the blessing to just be during this time in her life.

I often explain to people (after many a battle within myself) that I am satisfied with this time in my life and that I am using it to learn about life and prepare: job ( I will have one day), children, vision/focus of life, mission, etc.

I will be first to confirm that this alone/self time provides many a moment to do things that do not necessarily fit into one of the above more serious categories.

It provides time for delighting in things--exploring, experimenting, succeeding, and failing. It is good.

Today--I am focusing on one of the more hilarious moments of my alone time.

I have decided to embark on a journey of a lifetime.

The At Home Hair Conditioning Remedy


I have by-passed them for years always thinking that they are more trouble than they are effective. The time has come for my assumption to be tested---

Be prepared to laugh--and to be inspired to try something completely gross and exhilarating.

This home-remedy is made up of:
  • 4 heaping table spoons of mayo (the actual spoon--not the measurer)
  • A good pouring of olive oil (hmm..probably 2 reg tablespoons)
  • 2 egg yolks
  • A big squirt of conditioner to decrease the ridiculous mayo smell.
All you have to do is mix this all up..and lather your hair up real nice like. (Be prepared for your hair becoming a hot mess and not being able to run your fingers through your hair...This is normal according to other folks on-line)

Here I bes:
It gets even more exciting.

After you lather it up, pile your hair on top of your head (I used an elastic to secure it up there).

Then you begin the lovely task of wrapping your hair with saran wrap. Yes. 

half way there

This is what you look like when the wrapping is completed:

Bahahaha---ok maybe not with that face


And this is what you look like while you putter around the place cleaning and being productive while your hair is being transformed:

Practical right?
Now, the outcome of all this fun is supposed to be hair that is delightfully shiny and smooth. I'll let you know what the results are.

I hope you enjoy my antics today. Life is too unpredictable to not give in to the little joys (ehem smooth hair?! c'mon!) in life.

Now it's off to organizing and cleaning. What fun!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! I must know the results as my hair is DESPERATE for some sort of treatment. I almost went way back to a V05 hot oil treatment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try this!!!!

    HA! I forgot about the V05 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. --I'm about to wash it out! I'll let you know the results!!--I am a sucker for VO5 by the way--it takes all three vials--but it does the job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol..... great thing to do when the guys are out of town! good for you!!!! -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Love the saran wrap look! :)

    ReplyDelete