Monday, August 15, 2011

1940's in the Park

It was a glorious day yesterday. Blue skies, no humidity, a cool breeze. Perfect for a stroll in the park.

And, that's exactly what Red and I did.

After our delicioso meal at Chimi's (our local Mexican hang-out)...we drove to downtown Saint Charles and strolled by the river. It literally was perfect.

I know. A walk in a park is not typically something you write home about; but, this walk was extra special because (little did we know!) there was a big band at the pavilion playing classic big band style music! (Ok, so that's leaving out their rendition of Elton John's Can you feel the Love tonight...)


I tried to paint a picture for Red--instructing him to imagine a large swanky ballroom filled with smoke and hundreds of couples dancing close---the ladies in their fitted dresses, the men in their suits...oh what glorious times!

It makes me think about the newest Woody Allen flick: Midnight in Paris...which was such a feel good film....I fully desire to travel back in time to the late 1940's and early 50's...give me a wiggle dress and Red in a uniform, any day!

Ok---so you get the idea. The walk was refreshing. The ambiance delightful. And the sweet time with my Husband---exactly what I needed.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I would totally go back to visit the 40s with you. Hope everything's going great. We need to hang out soon!

    ReplyDelete