Saturday, August 13, 2011

Solitude is Productive

Having had an increase in my alone time this week, I have been laying around allowing creativity to hit me whenever it wants.

While lounging on our comfy couch...watching tv...the sizable blank wall behind it was glaring at me. I mean...it was literally speaking to me..."Decorate me...please...do something...I'm so empty.."

See what I mean?


Red and I had talked about a few ideas...but nothing was appealing....so after some research (ok, browsing apartmenttherapy) I decided on a smattering of pictures all 5x7 in 8x10 frames with a mat. Clean, precise, and still interesting...

The wall is now screaming, "Relief!!"

I originally had 12 pictures to hang, but the local craft stores didn't have 12 of the same frame...so I'm going to be adding as the months go on. However...I think we can all agree that not only is the wall happier, but I am too.

It's amazing how hanging some personal pictures on an entire wall can add spunk to a place.

Cheers to making home, home.

No comments:

Post a Comment