Monday, May 21, 2012

Total Eclipse of the Heart

As many of you know,  a solar/anular eclipse occurred west of the Mississippi yesterday.

Well, that's what some people think.

Those people not being me and my people.

We (Red, our new roomies--Austin and Heather--and I) excitedly made our way to the World's Fair pavilion in Forest Park to meet up with the St. Louis astronomy society---you know, to debo their fancy-smancy viewing equipment.

Hmm--didn't work out. Turns out there was a wedding.

And clouds.

We ended up sitting around on the steps praying for a miracle. Red pointed out that God could easily part the clouds just in the nick of time.

Instead, we took some pictures of our adventure, sang Total Eclipse of the Heart (meaning, Austin sang...) and headed home for some delicious slow-roasted honey chicken prepared by Heather.

Red and I,  posted up.


Austin and heather


We shall never know what it feels like to look up and see the moon in front of the sun---at least not for a long time. But at least we attempted.


1 comment:

  1. Do I know Austin and Heather? - they look familiar! I miss you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete