Thursday, September 22, 2011

Nom Nom Thursday: Half & Half

Red and I have this thing.

It's called eating out.

Yeah, I know... it's a completely revolutionary idea that just changed your life.

Please don't tell me otherwise.

Eating out is our "thing"---our hobby---how we like to spend (all) our money. Right now, we are actually trying to cut back--and, well, eat at home more--which has been a wonderful challenge...the whole menu planning thing is a puzzle to be solved each Monday...

We try to plan out the week in terms of things we'd like to eat--and places we'd like to go; and then how those things fit with our schedule...

So in honor of our love of all things food--I've decided that each Thursday I will write about a restaurant in the St. Louis area that we have been to....or about a recipe that actually made it into our regular cycle of food... (you know, not about the ones that were "fine" but will never be made again...)

So join me as I explore St. Louis cuisinery (is that a word?) and as I attempt to broaden my repertoire a la my kitchen.

Picture from Half & Half website


The first restaurant I want to share with you is: Half & Half  located in downtown Clayton, MO. 

picture from tedwight.com

Specializing in breakfast and lunch--it is an adorable place with a legit menu. Red and I joined a friend here before a Ram's game for an awesome breakfast.

Red's Cornbread and Chorizo was especially awesome---as were the Blueberry Pancakes (be excited. You can choose to have these cooked in regular ole butter or bacon fat. We chose bacon fat. Do not judge us.)

Opened by the same people who opened The Good Pie (a brick oven pizza place in downtown Louis, I'll write about in the future), Half & Half offers locally sourced food, creatively put together. You can order an adventurous meal such as the Fried Chicken Livers or get the basic Half & Half, which includes toast, eggs, and incredibly good potatoes. Take a look at their menu here.

It was a hoppin place that beautiful Sunday morning--it felt like the perfect day to eat a slow meal and enjoy great conversation lingering over cappuccinos (made at their tour de force coffee bar..) ..too bad the game took precedent and we had to rush down to the stadium.

Another time, for sure.

8135 Maryland Ave
St. Louis, MO 63105
314.725.0719
Tues-Fri 7am-2:30pm
Sat-Sun 8am-2:30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment