Tuesday, July 10, 2012

St. Louis in the Summer

Has it really been that long since I have posted? I sign in today and was shocked to see May 22 as the date of my last post.

July 10th resolution: write in blog at least once a week. We shall see.

It has been a crazy 6 weeks. I have been traveling everywhere!! From Charleston, SC to Vienna, VA to Orange Beach, AL--through Jackson, MS and Memphis, TN back to St. Louis.

I feel as if I have seen the world....if in reality I've really just seen my south-eastern corner. It has been lovely seeing family and friends but, as always, it is wonderful to be home.

Red and I had huge intentions of truly experiencing the St. Louis summer---there is so much to do!! Due to the travels, however, our intentions have been pared down.

We shall have to be content going to a Dave Matthews Band concert tomorrow night.

By content, I mean completely and utterly stoked. It's our first DMB show--which is ridiculous. DMB has been on my bucket list since 8th grade. dude.

After that spectacular event, I'm hoping we will have time before Red reports for work (at which time he will disappear from my life for 3 weeks) to visit the Muny for a broadway show and go to a movie on Art Hill both in Forest Park. I will keep you posted.

During the next few weeks I'll be volunteering at Mission St. Louis' day camp and doing research for a project I have while Red prepares for work.

I know it sounds professional of me when I say: I'm doing research for a project. But please, don't be concerned. It is not professional.

I'm getting to design/decorate/fill a room for a friend of Red's. It is to be kid friendly and houseguest friendly. You know how I love good deals and good decorating! I'm jazzed to get to use my obsessions to bless a friend.

Yep--jazzed.

1 comment:

  1. Your team (you and Red) have been "on the road." Now it's time for some "home games." It's always nice to see/hear you. Russia: Me to. I should look at this blog more often. It makes me think of you, all grown up and a really bright young woman. I'm thankful to God for you.
    Dave F.

    ReplyDelete