Saturday, July 28, 2012

Last Weekend before the Weekend

Today is the day.

Red just left to report for camp.

It is officially the time of year filled with redecorating, reading dozens of books, and experimenting in the kitchen. I wear less make-up, eat less healthy, and manage my time less effectively.

But that is all good. Really.

In honor of our last week together, this time last saturday, Red and I went on an adventure.

First, to Uncle Bills. Home of Red's most favorite pancakes.

Half of Red with our gi-normous breakfast.

If you ever come to visit STL, or you live here already, don't write off Uncle Bills.

Go. Appreciate it's greasy, 70's, ski-lodge vibe and order the regular pancakes.

Red would tell you that there is something magical about them. Red knows.

After our mammoth breakfast, we headed to a few stores. We are still searching for je ne sais quoi for our home...

SO, Red graciously agreed to peruse an antique mall or two with me. We headed to the Green Shag Market on Manchester.

We didn't find a thing--but we had fun looking.


Ok, so maybe I shouldn't say we didn't find a thing... I did find a sweet pair of black pants with gold sequined tuxedo stripes going down the side. I resisted. But I question if I should have.

Red found some sweet Lennon glasses.


It was a fabulous saturday morning. Our goal since then has been to make the most of our time together since today marks the start of a month apart--basically.

Thursday night we went on a date as a final duo hoorah. 

Hey grill. You look lovely.
It was fabulous.

Sidney Street Cafe, you woo me.

Allow me to be more specific-- Deconstructed sneakers bar, you woo me. If you go--you must get this dessert.

It was a perfect final weekend and week before the weekend. We had fun and got things done.

Red left this morning, bag packed, supplements loaded, me in my p.j's waving goodbye...a breeze blowing, birds singing, bunnies hopping, I think I may have seen a family of deer in the neighboring driveway swaying to the rustling of tree branches.

It was nice, needless to say, and so it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment