Sunday, November 20, 2011

Staycation

Everyone needs sweet surprises from their loved one.

Red surprised me friday with the "itinerary" for our weekend. (We have been trying to be intentional with our time together.)

I had just finished getting ready to head to our friends' house ( for the best Mexican food we've ever had...ever)...and Red handed me a sheet of paper to read aloud.

It went something like this:

...3:15 pack for the night
3:50 leave for church
6:15 check into hotel ( I love you!!)...

I was floored. We had mentioned this idea in passing a couple of weeks ago but I had not imagined it actually happening!!

After a great dinner of burgers, fries, and shakes at Baileys' Range (recommended to me by my foodie friend Kara)...

We headed to check in at the Marriott at Union Station in downtown STL...it was wonderful.

A night of relaxation and enjoyment.

The weekend came to perfect closure with a pancake breakfast at Uncle Bill's...Red's favorite.

Thanks Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment