Monday, November 7, 2011

Euclid Explored

I have a thing for antiques. It is quite a misfortunate thing (though fortunate for Red, I think) that our apartment is too small for most of my cherished finds...It turns out that one couch is quite enough for a room with only 1 full wall...

However, just because I'm in a season of life that dictates what I can or can not buy, does not mean I shouldn't look for stores that inspire my eye for the future.

With this in mind, I share with you Rothschild's Antiques on Euclid---close to the Central West End and, more importantly, across from Pi, St. Louis's best pizza.

Here is a shot of the interior:


Filled to the brim,  Rothschild's offers a plethora of high and low antiques. I especially loved the prints in the picture above. Here is a closer shot:



I love botanical prints--their interesting but impersonal---beautiful but a bit sterile at the same time...perhaps clean is a better term.

Rothchild's does an excellent job of setting up vignettes--and making their items come to life...even if they are presented in a way that you would not necessarily use them. For example, they had linens and pillows displayed on an old factory cart:


They seem to offer some locally made new items--ie the pillows as a compliment to their international collection of antiques.

A beautifully manicured store, Rothchild's may be the place you need to visit in order to find that special something that will complete a room. Some things here are bargains, while others are pricey. I suggest going, knowing what you are looking for or go expecting the store to offer inspiration for your own home.

If you are unable to visit the store, check out their website listed below.

Enjoy!

398 North Euclid
Central West End, MO 63108
314.361.4870


No comments:

Post a Comment