Friday, June 17, 2011

Picnic with Shakespeare

St. Louis is such a sweet place to be in the summer. There are so many free places to go and things to do.

Last night, Red and I decided to take advantage of one of these opportunities: St. Charles Shakespeare in the Park.

We saw Much Ado about Nothing...a fabulous comedy, and enjoyed a delicious picnic.

Check out our super cool picnic basket!! (Thanks Jackie--we were the only ones with a basket!)


The play was set by the Missouri River in downtown St. Charles. They had simple props, but did a great job of making the characters fill the stage and come to life.


It was so relaxing laying on our picnic blanket, talking, and taking in the people around us. It was a mixed crowd but definitely lent itself to the more senior end of things. (I'm always interested in who shows up at these free events...so many types of people there for the same reason...)

Red and I have been struggling some with balancing our alone time with our social life. It was such a nice time to be with each other but around others.



Poor Red, he is so big, that it was difficult for him to get comfortable on the blanket (we couldn't find a normal camping chair for him to use!!)...so we ended up leaving at intermission (Hey, no judgement)...it's as he pointed out: it's difficult to pay attention when you're really uncomfortable..)

So we left. But, I was still so satisfied. I love being outside...and I love supporting the local arts...and I love picnics (which we've established before...)...and I love free things...and I love my Husband....

So it was a great night.

Well, and it also ended with a spectacular sunset:


What free things does your community offer? Leave a comment, and let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment