Monday, June 13, 2011

I want to be a traveling musicianary.

I have a friend. One--and well she's actually more of an acquaintance than a friend. Her name is Chelsea.

(We hit it off at a wedding last year in Denver, and well, hoped we'd meet up again one day...but you know, it's one of those things you'd like to happen, but don't expect...)

So anyways, I got a random text from her Thursday asking if I knew of a place she and her friends could come serve in worship.

I had no idea what that meant. I asked, and she explained she and her fellow musicianaries were looking for some people in St. Louis to lead in worship...and could they crash at our place.

Hawk, Chelsea, Random photo-takers dog, Red, Me, AC
So they came...and they led our community group in worship on a night that is normally just for hanging out and fellowshipping...it was incredible, and then they crashed at our place.

Chelsea, Hawk, and AC led our group in a night of intimate worship. I truly felt like the Lord was singing over me and my heart. The songs resonated deep in me.

It was sweet. It was an incredible experience that emphasized the community of Christ.

I adore Chelsea. The Lord has blessed her with the gift of storytelling...the gift of song writing...the gift of connection.

Being around Chelsea and her fellow musicianaries (Hawk and AC) was an incredible encouragement of the heart.

A force to be reckoned with: people who live by the Holy Spirit.

This experience exposed my own hesitation to go boldly.

Go boldly, for the Lord is with you.


If you, or anyone you know is interested in having the musicianaries come to your church or your home. They are on tour for the next two months (road tripping across America) in hopes of providing as many people as they can with an avenue for good worship and intimate community. They are doing this particularly to reach churches and communities who can not afford to pay worship leaders.

Contact Information

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your blog I about had a cow when I saw the picture noticed that it was in front of our apartment.

    ReplyDelete