Friday, March 23, 2012

Life Since Then

I've been avoiding my blog. Yes it's true.

I think since returning from our trip my life has taken on a lackluster that is not completely it's own. What I mean is, initially I used the excuse that we were back from this glorious trip and so now my life is blah.

Not true. I have realized that any lackluster I am experiencing is produced by the lens I am looking through, not so much what I am looking at.

As Spring comes into play I am reminded how sweet life is every day. St. Louis has been blessed to basically have summer and I have been taking full advantage of it...regularly visiting Forest Park and even running my furthest distance yet (6.5 miles)!

I just want to put forth to you, that I am no longer hiding behind the mirage that life isn't incredible because I am no longer in Morocco...or France...or Italy.

No. I am rejoining the world. And leaning into the truth that I am blessed right here, where I am...and that it is on me if I don't take advantage of it.

Cheers to all the good times--and some tough ones---and documenting them on le blog.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Laura: You are blessed wherever you are, and you bless people wherever you are. I'm 2.5 times your age and have had some, if not all of the "feelings" that you have had....that I as a guy could have...ha. Le blog is great. I even get a chance to catch up on a little of my French. My recent 10 day trip to the slums of India(for the second time)was something that really put things in perspective...and I've never been to Morocco, or France or Italy. We'd love to go someday, not sure Margaret's "diet" could handle some of the food in Morocco. You are missed by many, but you bless many right where you are. Until next time.....with Much Love,
    DAVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLA......great nickname. I imagine you have already done it, but Goggle the song "Whatever Lola Wants, Lola Gets." I can just hear/see you singing this Broadway song. :-)
    DAVE

    ReplyDelete